Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Harper at almost 4 months

Harper,
  Why can't you stay this size forever?  It may be my favorite age so far! You will be 4 months old on Saturday and you really have grown up so much already.  You have figured out how to blow raspberries the past few days and you just do that at me and your daddy constantly.  I can barely get you to eat a bottle because you are too bust smiling at me and babbling at me telling me about your day.
   You are also the perfect little size.  You are still small, but you have chunky little legs and a cute little belly.  Your head can rest on my shoulder and if you are laying across me your little feet hit just about at my waist.  Your tiny hands are so determined to grab things.  It's so funny to see you grab something.. you hold on like you just know it is going to run away!  The toys that you and your brother have are all slobbery because you bite those things when you get a good grip on them.  You aren't limited to toys either... my hair and fingers have found you little mouth a few times now.  Sunday, I was feeding you and afterwards you grabbed my finger in your sleep and it still managed to end up in your mouth!  I can tell we are going to be getting stuff out of your mouth a LOT in just a couple of months as you get more mobile.
    Daddy thinks you are going to skip crawling altogether and just go ahead and walk.  You like to be held standing.  You already move your feet like you are walking.  It is SO funny!  You just have to get that whole balance thing down and you could be walking!!
   As tired as I am the next morning, i kind of like when you wake up at night.  I get to cuddle with you and hold you my sweet girl.  I like feeding you and your brother separately.  You deserve some one on one attention from mom.  I know things are only going to get better, but I know I will also miss this age.

I love you.

love,
 mom

No comments:

Post a Comment