Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dear twins...

Dear Twins,


    I had to go back to work yesterday.  It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my whole life.  The idea of someone besides me taking care of you is just ridiculous in my mind. I am your mommy! I have been your source of comfort, care, nourishment, smiles, laughter, tears, and almost everything in your whole life the past almost four months.  I can't fathom that someone could possibly take as good of care of you as I do.  Aunt Katy is watching you this week, and she loves you SO much, but even then, I am your mom, I love you a million times more on a bad day.  Next week Ms. Shannon is going to start watching you... I know that you will have fun, but I miss you already and I have only been at work two days.
    Ryan, yesterday you didn't feel very good.... It made me wonder if it was because your mommy wasn't there to make you smile and love on.... last night you woke up and daddy went to get you because we thought you were still hungry.  Nope, you just wanted to be able to see your momma.  You settled right down in your boppy as long as you could see mommy.
   This morning, I held you an extra long time so that I could be smushed by all my sweet Ryan loves... I can't wait to get off work so I can go get you and hold you for a long time!  You are such a sweet little boy!  You are already a flirt and smile at everyone.  When you smile, your eyes smile, too, and it makes everyone around you happy. You are so much like your daddy already, it's just silly.  You make the same faces as him and even stretch exactly like him.  My favorite 'daddy' face is when you poke your lips out just a little bit when you are thinking about something.
    You are either really happy or really sad... there isn't much in-between!  I wish I could get your pouty face on film.. it is SO cute! I've gotten the beginning and the end, but not the whole thing... it makes me giggle, as mean as that seems!

   Harper, you were especially sweet today.  I don't know what I did to deserve such a sweet girl, but you just curled up after I fed you when you woke up last night on my chest and were content to stay there, so I held you a little longer before I put you back in your crib to go back to sleep.  I am so proud of how smart you are already.  You reach for things and have started to grab and hold things pretty well.  You talk to me ALL the time... you are already so vocal and expressive.  You have the BEST smile- your whole mouth opens so wide, you look like a cartoon character! I wish I could get it on camera, but every time I go to snap a picture you look at the camera with a not so sure about this whole camera thing face.  You love when I smush your cheeks and kiss you by the ear...its one of my favorite things to do to make you happy. You are such a happy girl most of the time. You just want to sit up and observe the world.
 



 Mommy loves you both so very much... I have to say that being your mom is probably the most rewarding thing that has ever been in my life.

I love you both,
  Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment